Chestnut and foie gras velouté
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 175 grams cooked, peeled chestnut
- 20 grams shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 grams celery
- 20 grams butter
- 1.2 cl cognac
- 55 cl chicken stock
- 7.5 cl double cream
- 4 foie gras 50gr sliced
- 2 celery leaves
- 40 grams smoked bacon
- Peel and chop finely the shallots and garlic clove
- Peel the celery stalk and cut in thin julienne
- Heat the butter in a pot and “sweat” shallots, garlic and celery for 8 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts and cook for another 4 minutes; in the meantime heat the chicken stock in a pan.
- Poor the cognac in the pot and bring to the boil, add the hot chicken stock and cream and cook for a further 20 minutes; remove the celery and mix. Rectify the seasoning.
- Heat up a non stick pan and seared the foie gras scallop, previously seasoned with salt and pepper, for a few second on each side. Drip dry on kitchen towel.
- Poor the velouté in a soup plate, decorate with thinly sliced celery leaves and at last minute with the foie gras.
- Optionally you can add some small cubes of grilled smoked bacon